Sunday, 28 July 2013

Search for missing Lac-Mégantic bodies resumes Monday

Searchers will resume efforts Monday morning to find the bodies of the last five victims of the Lac-Mégantic train tragedy, the Sûreté du Québec said.

A total of 42 victims have been found since the July 6 oil-train derailment and the intense fires that followed.

The SQ said 34 of the bodies have been identified.

As of Sunday, the coroner’s office had released the names and ages of 31 victims.

A total of 47 people are believed to have perished.

SQ Insp. Michel Forget had said Friday that hope remains that the bodies of all five persons not accounted for will be recovered.

The search will resume at two locations, Forget said, notably where oil-tanker cars had been moved by investigators.

Very few tanker railcars remain to be displaced, according to Forget.

Sunday 28 July 2013


Post a Comment