Friday, 18 September 2015

Missing pilgrims’ next of kin to undergo DNA test at Saudi mortuary

The next of kin of the two Malaysian pilgrims who are still unaccounted for after a crane collapsed on the Grand Mosque in Mecca last Friday will undergo the DNA test for the purpose of identifying bodies at the Muaissem mortuary in Mina.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Jamil Khir Baharom said the results would be known in the next two or three weeks. The two missing pilgrims were Shahidan Saad, 52, from Kodiang, Kedah, and Abdul Habib Lahman, 68, from Sik, Kedah.

"At the Muaissem mortuary, there are seven bags containing body parts of pilgrims and the Saudi authority had already conducted the DNA test on the body parts in the bags." He said the authority was now waiting for the next of kin of missing pilgrims to undergo the test to find possible matches.

The next of kin of the missing pilgrims to undergo the test are Sobri and Zulhakim, two brothers of Shahidan, and Mohamad Fazil, son of Abdul Habib. The three of them are expected to arrive here from Malaysia at 7 pm (midnight Malaysian time).

Jamil Khir said the Tabung Haji medical team would take the follow up action upon receiving the results. "Further announcement will be made after all tests are done.

Thursday 17 September 2015


Post a Comment